Today’s post is a little bit of a fun get to know me one for all my lovely followers! I love reading these style posts on other bloggers sites so I’m hoping that you’ll enjoy finding out these little facts about me (and that you don’t think i’m an absolute weirdo!). If you are following along on social media you’ll already know i’m a teacup hoarder, floral print fanatic and disney dreamer but here’s some other pretty random facts about A Little Vintage Lady! So, without further ado…
1. I cry at movies all the time. I’ve even been known to cry at ads on TV (here’s looking at you John Lewis). Last movie I cried at? Disney’s Beauty and The Beast. In the cinema. Yep.
2. I detest the feeling of cotton wool, it gives me the willies.
3. I love pretty much every genre of music. I mostly listen to current pop and 50’s do-wop but I can rap many an Eminem or Tu-Pac tune or even belt out an 80’s power ballad.
4. I’m not scared of spiders but I am truly terrified of mice. Ironic as I love Mickey and Minnie Mouse so much!
5. Angela Lansbury is the celebrity i’d most like to meet. You know, the fabulous lady from Murder She Wrote and Mrs Potts in the original Beauty and The Beast. I am obsessed with her and I was devastated that she wasn’t in the new Beauty and the Beast. She will be in the new Mary Poppins next year though, so i’m pretty happy about that!
6. Michael and I have been together 11 years this month – we survived through the Leaving Certificate, moving away for college and living hours apart from each other.
7. I’m a junk food addict, I’m known to chose a burger and fries (or a KFC!) over a 5 course dinner.
8. I’m a shortie at only 5ft 2.2 inches. The .2 is crucial.
9. When I was born my mum loved both the names Karen and Louise so decided to call me both! I like using my full title for most things but friends and family call me Karen or by my nicknames.
10. My nicknames include Karrie (my mom calls me this), Fairy (my childhood friends) and KLD (my One Fab Day pals!).
11. I kept my own maiden name after we got married. I’m quite attached to my family name so couldn’t ever imagine being anything else! I could double barrel but I have a double-barrel first name so it’s a bit long-winded. I may still change it someday but for now i’m Mrs Karen Louise Daly.
12. My mum is my ultimate hero and my #girlboss inspiration.
13. I own over 150 vintage teacups. I’m running out of places to hide them from my husband!
14. I only started drinking tea about two years ago. I never really liked hot drinks but I loved tea themed things far too much to not drink it, hence my now 3-4 cup a day habit!
15. I competed in a pageant when I was a teenager. I held the title of Miss Teen Ulster in the Miss Teen Ireland competition when I was 17. It wasn’t a beauty pageant however, more a Rose of Tralee meets lovely girls competition (Fr. Ted fans will know what I mean!)
16. I also used to be a majorette for our local band. I joined as I imagined myself as quite the American cheerleader. It was nothing like that at all. It mostly involved getting slapped in the face by a wet flag while marching in a parade during brutal Irish weather than dancing with pretty pom poms!
17. I’m 100% a night owl rather than an early bird. I wish it was the other way round.
18. As much as I love dressing up, I spend most of my life in PJs and sweatpants. If I don’t have to leave the house I like to be comfy!
19. My first love was David Boreanaz. You might know him most recently for Bones but it was when he was Angel in Buffy The Vampire Slayer I fell head over heels. He’s still my only celebrity crush.
20. Countries I’ve visited include Italy, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Bulgaria, France, Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, UK, USA and the United Arab Emirates – there’s so much more I want to see!
21. I’ve been to see all the Disney Parks in Paris, California and Florida. Next on our Disney bucket list is Asia.
22. Lucky Charms are my guilty pleasure. I’ve been known to smuggle boxes of them home in my suitcase from the USA.
23. The Movies24 and Hallmark channel are also my guilty pleasure. I don’t actually watch the movies I just like to have them on in the background when I’m working. Ok, you got me. I love the cheesy predictable storylines!
24. My ideal date is a night on the couch watching a movie with Michael and a Chinese or pizza takeaway. I’m a cheap date!
25. I cannot stand mushrooms, olives sprouts or aubergines. I also don’t like most cheeses (controversial!) just regular ole mild and smoked cheddar.
26. I drive a convertible 1991 Nissan Figaro, it’s almost as old as me! I love my car so much we used it on our wedding day.
27. Up until about 5 years ago I spelt Australia wrong! I added an extra i – Austrailia. What’s even more funny is that no one corrected me until I started editing at One Fab Day. Must have been my fancy hand writing!
28. I don’t like most grown-up alcohols such as gin, vodka or red wine. I’m a Malibu, Babycham or fruity cocktail kinda gal.
So, there you have it! I’d love to get to know you all a bit more so leave me a fun fact about yourself in the comments below!
P.S. I commissioned the amazing Katt Jones to do the very sweet illustration to accompany this post. Isn’t it darling?!