Hello January! The time for New Year’s resolutions is here but instead of making the usual ones to get healthier and drink more water (which I am going to try and do!) I thought I would share my goals and plans for 2017 that i’m eager to accomplish in the coming year. To be honest I’ve never been one for setting proper New Years resolutions. In fact, I honestly think there is so much pressure to make change at this time of year. However, i’m a big list person as I find they keep me on track to get stuff done so this is more of a big to-do list really!
I started this list when I turned 27 (so i’ve had a head start on one or two things!) and having just celebrated my 28th birthday I thought it was about time I shared the list! I’d been keeping it hidden away and not ticking many off to be honest. I think having it here means I can now have a constant reminder of the goals and document the fun stuff as it happens along the way. Some are little things, some are pretty big but they all have one common goal, to help me on my quest to live a lovely little life. Follow me over on snapchat (fairydustxx) and instagram to follow the fun!
Marry my sweetheart05/05/16 (blog post coming soon!) Have a retro, Little White Chapel Wedding in Vegas14/09/16 (blog post coming soon!) Start my own blog06/12/16 check!
- Print photos and create albums
- Host a themed party or two!
- Become a morning person (a.k.a. a person who has a habit of waking up at 7am or earlier) with a consistent morning routine.
- Get another tattoo
- Go on a girlie getaway
Travel more even if we are on a strict budget this year.Manchester | Tenerife
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Fill our house with only things we love. This involves a big clearout coming soon!
- Do a full closet clearout. Only keep the things that actually fit and that I like. Donate, sell or store away those I don’t wear.
- Look after my skin – I’d love to visit a dermatologist this year as well as make it a habit of drinking lots of water to nourish my skin.
- Move more – Sit less, go on more walks and do at home exercises like yoga or pilates.
- Write more handwritten letters, thank yous and postcards.
- Use and enjoy things instead of ‘saving’ them or keeping them for ‘best’. This includes the good perfume, the good dresses, expensive make up and here’s looking at you vintage teacups.
- Start a proper grown up savings account!
- Set up a business with Mum (stay tuned for exciting news on this!)
- Save for our first home.
- Learn to bake – I have a kitchen full of pretty baking books that i’ve been too nervous to try anything from but not anymore!
- Take up gardening and work on getting green fingers! My grandad was an avid gardener and i’d love to be half as good as he was.
- See more of Ireland – there are some amazing places on our doorstep
Get a pet – yay!Meet Betty! 11/03/17
- Get better at taking photos and editing
- Make a slimming world challenge and stick to it. (I lost over a stone in a few months on plan before!)
- Have a proper night-time routine. Go to bed earlier and try to cut out social media before going to sleep. (I’ve learned my body clock isn’t like it used to be, I gotta get those 8 hours girl!)
- Do more for charity
- Start doing RAOK’s (Random Acts of Kindness) for strangers. Pay for someone’s coffee in the line at Starbucks, leave pretty flowers for someone to find – make it a habit.
- Become more organised. I’m going to try my best to become an organisation nerd! Expect lots of this over on snapchat and instagram.
- Squeeze in a Disney trip 😉
I’m hoping my 2017 will live up to 2016, i’m going to try my darndest to make it happen! Any of these goals making their way onto your lists? I’d love to hear what are you hoping to achieve/see/do in 2017!