By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. – Benjamin Franklin
If there is one motto to follow when on your Slimming World (or any healthy lifestyle change) journey it’s this one by Benjamin Franklin. If you read my last two Slimming World posts you’ll know that i’m starting the journey (for good this time!) to better health. To keep me on track i’ve picked out some Slimming World Must Haves – non-food essentials and fun little items that will help keep me on track and inspire me to achieve my goals. Hopefully you’ll find them helpful too!
Slimming World (Non-Food) Must Haves
- A Gentle Reminder – This weight loss plaque from Amy’s Craft Emporium on Etsy is perfect for some daily inspiration and to see how far you’ve come. I got mine in pink and love it!
- Slowcooker – Perfect for batch cooking meals or cooking during a busy day. The low setting means dishes like casseroles, curries, soups and stews can be prepared in the morning, and enjoyed when you return home in the evening. The original Crockpot is perfect and you can pick one up from Asda for €22.25.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons – An essential for those tasty recipes and for measuring out spices etc. Cute ones always make cooking easier and these porcelain pastel ones from M&S for €13.50 are gorgeous!
- A Food Diary – A definite slimming world essential if you ask me. If you bite it you write it! Not only is it great for keeping you on track and being able to jot down your Healthy Extras and Syns it’s also great for looking back to see which weeks you did best. Lovin’ this spiral lemon one from Moss.ie €21
- Syns Tracker Planner Stickers – Crazy handy for your food diary. You can get ones to monitor your water intake your healthy extras and your syns. You can literally find hundreds of different styles on Etsy but these ones from Beautiful Planning are my fave.
- This Meal Planner and Shopping List from Moss.ie for €4.50 is so simple but such a genius little note pad. Handy dandy for the trips to the supermarket, you can jot down your plan for the week and then what you need on the other side.
- Kitchen Scales – Again, for the perfect measuring of your daily ingredients and healthy extras, you can’t go wrong with a digital scales. This fab mint Brabantia one for £19.73 is nice and slim and great for easy storage.
- Water Bottle – Stay hydrated with a pretty water bottle like this floral fruit filter one from Cath Kidston €20
- Actifryer – Slimming World fans always rave about making the Slimming World chips in the Actifryer (I bought one in Aldi but i’m not 100% sure if I like it or not and have gone back to the oven for chips etc.) Tefal’s ActiFry for €169.99 come highly recommended so I think i’m going to save up for one.
- Syn Box – Okay, well not an essential but how fun is this personalised syn box from Mustard Mash!? €21.23
- Containers – Batch cooking is a great way to ensure you always have something Slimming World friendly in the fridge or freezer. Simply cook, portion into containers, cool, then pop in the fridge or freeze. These clip ones from Asda are great or you can pick up takeaway food style ones in Dealz for only €1.50
For more Slimming World posts check out: