Last year it was all about the summer basket bedecked with neon pompoms and custom slogans but this year it’s the turn of vintage style basket bags to take centre stage. Inspired by Jane Birkin and her infamous straw basket which went on to inspire the Birkin bag, basket bags have made a huge comeback for 2017 and I for one couldn’t be happier!
I just love the vintage-inspired look and been lusting after these basket bags for myself (they are just so darned cute!) so I went on the hunt for the perfect one for spring and summer to pair with pretty dresses. Designer and highstreet, there are some seriously fun options out there!
Vintage Inspired Basket Bags for Spring and Summer
- Charming squarish basket bag with lemon leather detail by Rosa Mosa €299
- Picnic basket bag from Zara €39.95
- Honeypot basket in royal blue by Frances Valentine $195
- Jane Gingham in straw with gingham print lid by Edie Parker $ 1,695.00
- Spice Things Up straw orange tote by Kate Spade New York $398
- Emmy red rattan basket bag from Joanie €32.29
- Straw mini Manray satchel from Mark Cross £1,966
- Prada leather basket bag in pink from from Saks 5th Avenue €1690.46
- Victoria natural circular bag by J.McLaughlin $158 (you can also find a cheaper version for €12.51 here – I’ve just purchased one of these so will let you know what it’s like!)