I’m kick-starting the countdown to the big day today with the first of my festive posts! I have been itching to get my tree up for a few weeks now, especially after seeing the gorgeous decorations in London at the beginning of the month.
This week I’m breaking even my own rules and popping up one of my Christmas trees! (I know it’s early, but I just can’t help myself!) Every year in our home I put up two Christmas trees, one is a traditional red and green which goes in our sitting room and the other is a fun, pastel retro one that we pop up in either the kitchen or bedroom (this year it will be in our bedroom and I can’t wait!). Each year we buy a few extra special decorations, a tradition that started when I was little with my mum and put the year on them as a lovely festive memory. Or, if we go to Disney we also make sure to buy one as a reminder of the trip. It’s so fun unwrapping them each year and seeing them all!
If you too love the vintage look and are on the hunt for vintage-style baubles or something a little ‘different’ well look no further! I’ve hunted down some darling decorations in both traditional reds and greens as well as pretty pastels. All a little bit special and perfect for adding to the Christmas memory box…
Pretty Pastel Vintage Christmas Tree Decorations
For this tree, I look out for pretty, vintage-inspired, 1950’s glass baubles in the softest pink and mint shades, pearlescent and glitter decorations and lots of bow details. I also like to tie my decorations on with darling ribbons.
Pssst….Primark has launched some pretty adorable Disney ornaments this year too!
- Gisela Graham Merry Christmas glitter sign from Brown Thomas €8
- Blush pink decorative bird clip-on decorations from Amara €18 (from a set of 2)
- Joanna Buchanan gold sparkle bow decoration from Amara €26
- Joanna Buchanan mint pearl bauble from Amara €38
- Fortnum and Mason Afternoon Tea tray Christmas decoration £25
- Glitter Minnie Mouse pink bauble with bow from Primark (from a pack of 6)
- Gold Stag hanging decoration with silver wreath from Dunnes Stores €3
- Rose gold swirl bauble from M&S €6.75
- Fortnum and Mason flower bouquet decoration £15
- Mint bow decoration from The Range (from a set of 2) £1.09
- Rose gold bauble with elegant band design and pearl detailing from M&S €6.75
- Joanna Buchanan pearl cluster tree decoration £36
- Elegant gold swan decoration from Liberty London £5.95
- Joanna Buchanan pink pearl tassel decoration from Amara €36
- Gold pearl ice skates decoration from M&S €8.25
- Tinker Tailor Embellished mint heart €24
- Glass pink and glitter rose decoration from Arnotts €3.95
- Linea frosted mint striped bauble £6
- Large pink Minnie Mouse bauble from Primark £5
- Mint clip on feathered bird from Amara (from a set of 2) €18
Traditional Red and Green Vintage Christmas Tree Decorations
When looking out for treasures for this tree I hunt down baubles and glass decorations with a traditional vintage feel, ones that remind me of when I was a little girl. I also love classic Disney decorations and nutcrackers as well as tartan bows. Remember, if you don’t like the thread or ribbon for hanging your decoration you can always change it to match your theme! I love using tartan and velvet ribbons to make them look that little bit special.
- Large decorative tartan bow from The Range £1.79
- Gold bell and holly bauble from EZ Living Furniture €8
- Red and cream holly pattern bauble from Liberty London £4.75
- Gisela Graham glitter tree decoration with bows from Brown Thomas €6
- Kurt S. Sadler Coca-Cola truck tree decoration €36
- The Christmas Home luxury red glass bauble with glitter detail from Not On The Highstreet £6
- Fortnum and Mason 2017 wreath bauble £30
- Retro Santa from M&S €6.75
- Red, green and gold poinsettia bauble from Liberty £5.95
- “Holly Teapot” glass ornament from Amazon $12.99
- Tartan bauble with tassel (set of four) from Dunelm £8
- Kurt S. Sadler Santa’s Letters postbox ornament from Brown Thomas €10
- John Lewis snowman and tree dome bauble £7
- Traditional nutcracker decoration from M&S €6.75
- Tipperary Crystal Decoration With Sparkling Carousel Design €12
- It’s The Most Wonderful Time of The Year bauble from Heatons €2.99
- John Lewis festive tree bauble £12
- Gold heart with tartan ribbon decoration from The Range £1.59
- Kurt S. Sadler glitter red train from Brown Thomas €6
A Little Vintage Lady Christmas tree tip: I pick up Scentsicles for my tree in Home Store + More which are scented sticks in scents such as cinnamon or fresh pine that you can hang on either a real or artificial tree to make your whole room smell like Christmas!