I literally have been giddy with excitement over the past few weeks with the thoughts of decorating every inch of my home for the holidays! But first things first the Christmas Tree. No Christmas would be complete without a gorgeous Christmas tree at the centre of it all, the perfect spot for those all important presents! My tree has already been up over a week and my favourite thing about decorating has to be the pretty baubles.
Every year in our home I put up two Christmas trees, one is a traditional red and green which goes in our sitting room and the other is a fun, pastel retro one that we pop up in the kitchen. Each year we buy a few special decorations, a tradition that started when I was little with my mum and put the year on them as a lovely festive memory. Or, if we go to Disney we also make sure to buy one as a reminder of the trip. It’s so fun unwrapping them each year and seeing them all!
For both trees I’m a sucker for vintage christmas tree decorations so I have rounded up some of my favourite nostalgic decorations for this year. All a little bit special and perfect for adding to the christmas memory box.
Pretty Pastel Vintage Christmas Tree Decorations
- Vondels Bauble Pink Bow in Dusty Pink from Arnotts €4.95
- Glitter flower pattern bauble from Brown Thomas €6
- Gold droplet decoration from Primark
- Gold glitter wire birdcage from Arnotts €8.95
- Ostravia gem droplet bauble in mint from John Lewis €6
- John Lewis Ostravia wedding cake bauble €9.50
- Cody Foster & Co paper swan decoration from Amara €37
- John Lewis Ostravia swan bauble £5.00 (I also picked one up in M&S for €7)
- Fortnum’s alphabet decoration in K from Fortnum & Mason £8
- Pink pearlised beaded bauble from Liberty London £3.95
- John Lewis Faberge egg bauble £7.50
- Glitter wish reindeer Christmas decoration from Paperchase £3
- Fortnum & Mason tea cup ornament £12
- Embellished ice skate decoration from Brown Thomas
- Gold plated 2016 bell by Georg Jensen €29.00
- Paul Costelloe Living pearl bauble from Dunnes Stores
Perfect Christmas tree tip: I picked up Scentsicles for my tree this year in Home Store + More which are scented sticks that you can hang on either a real or artificial tree to make your whole room smell like Christmas!
Traditional Red and Green Vintage Christmas Tree Decorations
- Green bow from Heatons €1.20
- Tartan set of three baubles from Pines and Needles £9.95
- Glass Santa head bauble from Marks and Spencers €5.50 (I just had to buy this cutie!)
- Vondels bauble with glitter line and red bow from Arnotts €6.95
- Red gold finial from Marks and Spencers £6
- Glass Treasure Chest Bauble from Marks and Spencers €8
- Wreath decoration with baubles and bows from Fortnum & Mason £25
- K monogram bauble from John Lewis €6.50
- Gisela Graham
- Red nutcracker decoration from Marks and Spencers £5
- Set of three kilted Christmas bauble set from Pines and Needles £9.95
- Red Carolyn Donnelly Eclectic glass Santa from Dunnes Stores €5
- Mickey Mouse silhouette jewel decoration from The Disney Store £15.99 (The Disney Store offers you the option to personalise)
- Traditional carousel decoration from Fortnum & Mason £25
- Tartan holly bauble from Pines and Needles £2.95
- Mini Christmas tree and baubles decoration from The National Trust £3.50
- John Lewis Chamonix Santa house bauble €9
- Featured image baubles are all from John Lewis
Have you spotted any that will make it onto your tree?!