Whether you are an Earl Grey, English Breakfast, herbal or a good ol’ Lyons or Barry’s tea drinker, tea tastes so much better brewed and poured from a pretty pot right?! While I love my vintage teapots, some are just too delicate for regular use and some are notorious for dripping! So began my hunt for a pretty everyday teapot and to my surprise I came across some gorgeous Vintage-Inspired Teapots that I just had to share as well as some helpful tips for buying the perfect pot. Which one is your favourite?
12 Pretty Vintage-Inspired Teapots
Tips for Buying the Perfect Teapot
- Pick a large enough style for what you need. Think about how many cups you will want your pot to serve. Is it just the two of you or do you regularly have guests around? A 20-24 ounce teapot will serve 2 people.
- The weight is very important. If the teapot is already heavy, think about how much it will weigh when filled with tea otherwise it will probably be better suited for your collector’s shelf than the tea table.
- Position of the spout is also something to check. If the top of the spout is really low on the the teapot, then chances are, it’ll drip out your tea.
- Look for designs that have matching accessories such as milk jugs, sugar bowl or teacups if you want to build a coordinated collection. For a more eclectic look, simply pick a fun pattern and mis-match your other crockery. Source a pretty tray, teaspoons and and of course teacups to serve your tea when guests pop round.
- Pick something you really love so you can leave it on display!